Progress



I think my journey towards minimalism began long before I identified the term.  When we were moving down here I started to switch from loving and looking for color to fill our bedroom to searching for white and calm.  There could be details, but subtle, simple was what I looked for.  White sheets instead of patterned, a single white blanket.  A dark wood bed frame to give contrast but also to fall away visually.

I love the feeling of that bed now.  The soft texture of the blanket, the cool feeling of the sheets.  One painting, painted by my love for my Christmas gift this year, sets the meditative tone.  A place of peace.

But all around it, the clutter.  The noise of life I wouldn't give away, but the stuff I can never find a home for?  Ugg.  I see pictures of rooms without stacks of things everywhere and yearn for that but never knew how to make it happen.  There simply isn't room to put away everything we have in this small space.


Now I am beginning to see the way.  After just one week of playing the game I am beginning to see the difference.  A clear shelf in a cabinet, an organized dresser drawer, a basket full instead of overflowing.  It is so pleasant!  And I have so much more to do!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Robinia

Hooray a Giveaway!