Diet: Completed Week 1



Already it has been over a week since I started this elimination diet. I have felt well over all and not starving too much.  Although I haven't figured out easy things to take along yet (but really, what is simpler than grabbing a couple carrots?  It just seems so boring...)

My mind, however, seems to be clearer, lighter.  I've been on cleanse type diets for this long before and had the feeling of lightness in the body but never so much clearness in my thoughts.  I'm eager to see what foods are responsible for the brain fog.  For years I've been blaming it on the children.  I almost feel like I should write an apology!  It's been amazing to see the brightness of the sky, the sparkle of the water this week.  Like I am coming up for air after too long under water.  I've been able to complete work and think through things with out getting bogged down, you see how much I've been writing!

I miss tomatoes the most right now.  It must be these warm summer like days.  I've been making a sweetish fig and cacao drink each day to get me through or fill me up at the end.  Here is the recipe:

- 6oz unsweetened almond milk
-3 figs
-2 tbs raw cacao nibs
-1 tbs nut butter
Blend :)

My immersion blender has been getting into regular rotation this week.  It is so much easier to clean than the blender.  And it takes up a quarter as much room.  Brilliant.

I wonder how much the clarity has to do with getting the things out of the house too.  So much has left and there is so much more.  The things take over.  Crowd you out of your own space and brain.  Make you forget what is actually important.  I am playing the minimalist game by my own rules.  At least as many items out of the house each day as the date.  I can't be held back.  I need to retake control of my own life.  I am tired of shuffling everything around.  I am tired of never being content with the things. The things I spend my "free time" shopping for.  There is so little, so little precious time.  What a waste.

Comments

commentmaker said…
It's been amazing to see the brightness of the sky, the sparkle of the water this week. Like I am coming up for air after too long under water. I've been able to complete work and think through things with out getting bogged down, you see how much I've been writing! my website

Popular posts from this blog

Robinia

Hooray a Giveaway!

Loot and Inspiration