Since long ago

I have wanted to make this quilt for a long, long time.  I have thought of it in many ways, imagined it with many fabrics, recreated it in my mind with whole cloth, blocks and different embroidery.  It was made for one of those people who deserves the best and you know that you need to get it "just right" for.  Not that she wouldn't love it no matter what, but you know what I mean.

P1240274.JPG

With her birthday coming up and the birth day of this baby right around the corner I knew we had arrived at the "now or never" phase.  Or at least, the now or not for another three to five years phase...  And since I have been thinking of it for the last five years....  Obviously, it was time to move this out of the "wish to make" brain pile.

P1240272.JPG

I went with super simple.  Two fabrics I thought she'd love and a super neutral opposite side.  I am not sure which side is the front and which side is the back.  I guess that means it is reversible.   I already knew it had to have some of the left over rocket ship fabric (which I use so sparingly, trying to make it last forever) on it and I had just enough time and energy left to add a little note in the perfect shade of red.  I love the fancy stretch stitch used to secure the binding.

P1240266.JPG

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Robinia

Hooray a Giveaway!