Rising

bread

I made this bread.  I put yeast and flour and salt together with water and this is the finished product.  And though I started at 8am and finished at 2am I only did about twenty minutes worth of work.  It is airy and holey and scrumptious. Can you hear my jaw hitting the floor? 
I am so excited.  Maybe I should back up though.  I have tried to make bread more than a dozen times in my adult life and every time was an abysmal failure.  Unless you like rock solid cement made from bread flour.  Even in the bread machine.  Ask Senor, he has watched pretty much all of the attempts and has even been kind enough to try to eat some of them. 
Also you should know- I love bread.  Like when I first heard about the Atkins diet I said, "No one would try that, how could you live without bread??!"  The idea of low carb just doesn't make sense to me. For a while we had a friend in the neighborhood who baked amazing bread and we bought some every week and went to his house for bread and tea parties.  For real. (I miss you Dag!  I so wanted to share this with you and Joyce!)
This loaf is almost gone, the next one will have wheat flour (yummmmy).
I'm going to go eat some right now. 

Comments

Mr. Dag said…
Oh, you are fantastic for sticking with it until you finally got the results you wanted. I'm so proud! Anilia, you rock! Dag
Mr. Dag said…
Did you use the Jeff Hertzberg and Zoë François method? Mix ingredients including a tiiiny bit of yeast, let sit for 12-17 hours, fold the bread once somewhere in the middle of the rise, and then dump it all into a hot, hot dutch oven or something like it? For those of you who don't know the recipe, it was first made famous in the New York Times article found at http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/21/dining/211brex.html
I hear that the books are great.

I'm sorry that I haven't been adding to your family's nutritional life. I miss having you eat my bread! Keep in mind that the 5 minute method has endless variations.

Abrazos, Dag
Mom A said…
Growing into it. When I married your dad it was the only thing I knew how to make besides broiled grapefruit and salad. And the password is ovenelley
anilia said…
Dag- I did use that method. I am sure you gave me this article because I had it in my cook note book just waiting for the perfect day.
I enjoy this article,bread looks yum.Do you guys make bread by yourself?? that is great. Try rice instead of bread.hehe.

Popular posts from this blog

Robinia

Hooray a Giveaway!

Loot and Inspiration