1593 stitches

Fluffy's sweater

In the last couple of days I started a sweater (ravelry link) for Senor. Already, 1593 stitches. And I have done other things including visiting the farm which is growing our food this summer. I can't believe I didn't take any pictures there. The food was so beautiful and we also got to see piglets, peacocks and geese (oh my!) The Bug loved looking at the animals, he wanted to crawl into the area with the piggies so much. I did too. I have no idea how you people eat these creatures! I mean, I do get it, and I don't mean to judge- but pigs are so cute!
It is really, really cool to know the women growing our food this summer. The really amazing part is they used to work for me about a million years ago. What they are doing is astounding. The amount of work they are putting in just boggles the mind. I really am so thrilled to be able to be some small part of what they are doing. After showing us around they sent us all home with some broccoli, spinach, salad greens and garlic scapes. Have you ever had the scapes? They are delicious! I always look forward to the next meal but now even more so! It comes at just the right time, I haven't wanted to cook with how hot it has been. But if those ladies can weed and water and plant and pick and tend in this heat I should certainly be able to cook!

What's for dinner, Mama?

I also got the chance to clean off the porch finally. We hadn't been using it because the Bug can get into everything and it isn't relaxing to say no every two seconds and take things away from him. It also isn't fair to him. You can't expect him to work on our level, we have to make it comfortable for everyone. He definitely helps me know what need to be cleaned up! And we all benefit. Now I am sitting typing and enjoying the light breeze of a perfect summer day.

Swept away

Hope your weekend has been productive and full of delight as well!
(There are a bunch more pictures so click through to see the rest.)

Comments

Cindy said…
Hooray for having a nice place to sit outside and sip lemonade!
diber said…
Oooh, we're getting scapes in our CSA box this week. Can't wait. yum!

Popular posts from this blog

Robinia

Hooray a Giveaway!

Loot and Inspiration