Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies


{this is an old picture that captures how I feel at the end of each day so perfectly...}

I made cookies this weekend.  We never do this.  Sugar isn't our friend in this household.  But Papa needed to get out of the house by himself and so I bribed the boy into staying home with me by saying we'd make cookies.  I found a flourless peanut butter cookie recipe but it had way to much sugar.  Otherwise it was perfect, easy, fast, simple.  Yes.  So, I adjusted it a little and it came out great.  We also added two chocolate chips on each one.  You know, we are living large!

There are no pictures of the cookies- not because they are all gone, but because I don't generally take pictures of food. :)  

Ingredients
1 cup natural peanut butter1/2 cup sugar1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract1 large egg, lightly beaten



DirectionsPreheat the oven to 350 degrees F and place the racks in the upper and lower third of the oven.
In a medium bowl, mix the peanut butter, sugar, vanilla and egg until well combined. Spoon 1 tablespoon of the mixture about 1 inch apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Flatten the mounds with the tines of a fork, making a crosshatch pattern on the cookies. 
Bake until golden around the edges, about 10 minutes, switching the position of the sheets halfway through baking. Transfer to racks to cool. Repeat with the remaining dough.



Also- my baby will be one in one week.  Shocking!!  Everyone gasp with me.  Whatever will we do??


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Robinia

Hooray a Giveaway!