On napping

P1220347.jpg

We are working on a new schedule.  No. Sleep.  Till Brooklyn!!
Ahem, I mean, no more naps.  Why? You might ask.  I can tell you that staying up till 10pm with a bouncy child and then getting up early with a cranky pants child is just no good.  No good at all.  Especially as I am neither a night owl nor a morning person.  (How does that happen?  I really just need a half hour of being awake before I am responsible for anyone's life.  That doesn't seem like so much to ask... does it??)
So- no more nap.  So we are avoiding any car rides in the afternoon and getting woken up right away if randomly he does manage to fall asleep.  Which makes him GRUMPY.  But that is okay.  I am keeping my eye on the prize.  If he is asleep by 8:30 I might get a chance to read for twenty minutes before I pass out.  :)

Comments

erica said…
You'll get over the hurdle. It'll be great. :) Kent is still a total grump if he falls asleep in the car and we have to wake him up, and he's still up for hours longer at night if he happens to nap... and this after a year plus of not napping regularly. Beautifully, though, he has started SLEEPING IN when he's up late the night before. Just wait for that. It'll knock your socks off. :)
moria said…
Naps are great if your older and don't wake up grumpy, soon I will be there to help keep him up and give you time to maybe even read or sew in the middle of the afternoon. Sounds like heaven to you, and sounds like heaven to me. But he is a cutie when he is sleeping like that. Not that is not cute all the time.

Popular posts from this blog

Robinia

Hooray a Giveaway!