Beware- ranting ahead!

Whew! Can I tell you something? (Of course I can, you just don’t have to read…) Do any of you remember when travel was cheap? I just can’t get over how I used to feel like a flight to where-ever was far cheaper than the time and expense of driving. And now?! Wow, no matter how hard I look and how many sites I check nothing seems affordable. Jeremy, Senor, do you remember when we went to the Bahamas and it cost about $400 each? Senor, do you remember Ireland for $550 each?! And that was with airfare and car and lodging!! I mean seriously. That wasn’t that long ago. I am not old enough for it to have been that long ago…

I have no idea how to come to terms with this either. Travel feeling so far out of my reach is terrible. I feel stuck here in freezing land with no ability to get out. I have always been in love with movement and change. I mean, don’t get me wrong, I am also a homebody. But I love to get away. It is always so much fun to leave and so wonderful to come home after wards. And generally, the parts in the middle are pretty awesome too.

Okay, I just had to get that out of me. Argg!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Robinia

Hooray a Giveaway!