Mable & Sable

Well hello!  Look at these little lady bunnies!!
Mable and Sable are twin sisters.  They like many of the same things but each have their own sense of style and character.  Mable likes pretending to be a mouse (Mrs. Frisby to be exact), playing with dirty children (you can tell by her already dirty dress), and having her ears nibbled by teething tots.  Sable is a little more reserved with my children, she is ready for an adventure and has just gone off to make her way in the world.



I felt one day that I had to make a little bunny doll for Anjali and when I said it Emerson suggested making a second one for our newest little friend in Baltimore.  I thought it was the perfect idea.  I'd like to make about a dozen more for the many little friends we know.  I can tell they are good toys because everyone in the house wants to play with them.


Of course, once they were here I knew they needed dresses.  Crocheted sweater dresses to keep the cold out and warm the fingers and absorb the drool.  To get dirty and felted just by being played with.  It makes a crafty mama heart go pitter-patter.



Bunnies are funny things.  Sweet, eternally cute and right up there with mice for the best make believe friends for littles.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Robinia

Hooray a Giveaway!