Sewing Retreat: Bonus Materials

After completing my goals (or as close as I was going to get with that bag) I realized I had a few minutes before we went to dinner.  What could better than a new skirt to wear out?  This skirt came together in about 20 minutes.  I used an old skirt and as the pattern and cut and sewed it in no time at all.  I didn't get a picture of it on (of course!) but it looks and fits great (don't you just love knits?!)  I think I'll be making a few more.  This fabric cost $8 a yard and since the making was so quick I feel like another 3 or 4 would be perfect to freshen up the wardrobe with little effort or expenditure.

P1240824.JPG

Then after dinner I was out of fabric but Anjali was so happy I started asking for a fabric donation.  Stephanie handed me this awesome piece and I whipped out another sweet dress.  This time I folded the pleat in the opposite way.  And lime flower buttons! Oh my!

P1240827.JPG

After that I was pretty much toast.  This is what I looked like on day two in the afternoon:

P1240736.JPG

Unshowered but at least I had my bow!
And here is the wolf baby getting in on the action and showing us how to wear a doll's mop hat!

P1240728.JPG

Here we are all sewing away:

P1240733.JPG

And these are awful pictures because it was late and dark when I took them- but look what was accomplished!!

P1240750.JPG

and

P1240749.JPG

Mind blowing!!  Sew ladies, sew!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Robinia

Hooray a Giveaway!

Loot and Inspiration