Happy Valentine's Day


Helbore in February

Happy Valentine's Day.  I always like a holiday dedicated to eating chocolates and telling people how much you love them!  This morning I was nudged awake at 6am sharp so that I could hear a singing card.  The Bug had gotten it in the mail yesterday from his Nana and Pappy and Aunt Carolyn (they have a little tradition with the singing cards.  Remember this?)  It is obvious that he had slept with the card and had been waiting all night to share it with me (I didn't come home for dinner last night, I was at meditation until after he was in bed.)  It was the sweetest way to wake up way too early I've ever experienced.  He said, "You want to hear it again, Mama?" Of course, darling, of course!

 V day card

After that I sent him down to find Papa so I could pull myself out of bed and head downstairs to make breakfast.  You heard me. I. Made. Breakfast.  Crazy talk!!
In all fairness, I cheated.  I made a Dutch baby,  from this recipe.  I did change it just  smidge; I used half whole wheat flour and threw in a few hand fulls of blueberries so it took longer to cook.  It came out like a dream and was gone before I could snap a picture.  Yum, easy, liked by all.  Perfect.

 Book mark 1

I gave Senor his gift last night when I came home (because I can't wait.)  Anyway, I knew he could use it right away.  He only got about 20 books for the holidays and his birthday.  Now he can keep his place.  He gave me lovely felted wool slippers this morning.  Dreamy!

Book mark

I hope your day is full of love and kindness!

Comments

Ann Stanley said…
Stumbled on your blog and really enjoyed it. I love the beauty and simplicity of the words and pictures.

Popular posts from this blog

Robinia

Hooray a Giveaway!

Loot and Inspiration