Thursday, July 8, 2010
GSC Project 1
This picture doesn't make the blouse look very flattering. I am not sure that it is quite that boxy looking in action but it certainly is comfortable. If I threw a belt on with it that would be cute. The next one I make I think I am going to add the elastic waist. But it is a woven shirt so it shouldn't fit like a t-shirt.
The modifications I made:
I lowered the neckline about an inch (this means I had to change the facing as well.)
I cut the back on the fold instead of making it two pieces (ditto about the facing.)
Maybe not a mod, but worth mentioning is I used french seams on the sides and shoulders. No messy inside finishes. I am trying to focus on things like that as much as the outside. I want these items to last and look neat. I don't want people to guess it is home sewn by the finishing details. I want them to guess because it looks too nice to be bought at Target.
My first few temptations in this have already come up. I had to unsubscribe to all the emails I get about sales from the fun shopping places and thought I was safe and then I got a catalog in the mail. I also went into a sports store the other day (I know- crazy!) and had to high tail it past the yoga clothes.
I'm glad shoes don't count as clothing. I like to shop. I can also see housewares sucking me in as a diversion...