Sissie

Day of the Dead Altar

I am a storm of crochet.  I made tiny baby bonnet in a day.  And I tore half of it out to start over once.  I have been washing diapers to prep them so I can pack them away and not think of them again until she is here.
She.  This is taking some getting used too.  I said "it" all the way through my pregnancy with Emerson.  I said "it" for 9 weeks before I miscarried.  I said "it" for the last 14 weeks or so.  "It" is hard habit to break.
So in addition to she, until we are really settled on a name, and even afterwards, her nick name will be Sissie.  This is what my grandmother went by most of her life.  In this pregnancy I have felt Grandma Sissie by my side many times, even though she dies when I was 15.  Her husband, Jerry, died the year Emerson was born and I know he too would have been elated to know I was having a little girl.  He would have known she was nearby too.
So, Sissie she will be.  I pulled out the gold name necklace that bears her name.  My Grandmother wore it almost all the time.  Now I will wear it to honor her and welcome this new little lady who seems to be so in tune with that lovely and indomitable woman.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Robinia

Hooray a Giveaway!