Acorn Cap

Acorn Cap Closer

I have been squirreling away a couple skeins of Cascade Yarn - Eco Duo Yarn - 1706 since the spring.  They feel soooo good.  I knew I wanted a hat for myself (or maybe a scarflet) out of them but felt so selfish keeping them all to myself.   I knew the Bug was going to need a warm hat for the coming season and I wanted to make one for Senor as well.  But I started with an Acorn Cap.

Acorn Cap Crop

As is so often the case, my idea was to follow a pattern but after I got started I saw where the yarn wanted me to go.  With all the acorns everywhere and the squirrels eagerly eating and hiding the nuts we see a lot of these little caps.  Whenever we walk I always find little hands full of the season's bounty.  E doesn't much care for bright leaves ( he likes the crunchy brown ones.)  He doesn't have much interest for perfect, intact acorns (he likes the caps and the split open nuts.)  And so this little hat should be perfect.  Right now he is taking it off as soon as I put it on but I hope that is because it is 80 degrees outside and will pass when the weather changes.
ps- I am still shooting blind but am going to order a new screen for the camera right now.

Comments

Cindy said…
I can hardly wait to see this face tomorrow! And yours, too, of course!

Popular posts from this blog

Robinia

Hooray a Giveaway!