New Things

But no pictures… Which is sad, but maybe I will get to the pictures later.

1) I made a wonderful oilcloth pillow cover for an outdoor chair. It is really cool and you will all love it when you see it. LOVE it I tell you!

2) I have resigned from my job and will be starting something new and wonderful when we come back from Nicaragua with this lovely little business. Yay!

3) Have I mentioned we are going to Nicaragua in August? Have I mentioned that I haven’t done anything for this trip…

4) I gave up shampoo about two weeks ago. I made my own deodorant this weekend. I really am not a dirty hippy. I smell nice and have glossy hair. (I will write more about this after a week or two when I get some pictures.)

We are also growing things in the back yard. Vegetables I mean; not just random things (though there is some of that as well). I was talking to my friend about this the other day and she made me laugh a bit when she said, “You really give every appearance of being a granola/hippy kind of girl and yet you aren’t at all.”

To me it is all about making some kind of effort to cut out the things that aren’t good for you or the environment. Not being psychotic about it, not pressing it on everyone else. I am able to walk to work and back. I was lucky enough to find a new job that I will be able to walk to as well. I am able to work for a place that is ethically in line with me, I know that is not always an option. I am able to use household products for some of my personal hygiene and not buy commercial products full of who knows what.

I like that. I like it a lot.

Comments

erica said…
Ooh, you've been inspired by angry chicken, haven't you? I'm eager to hear about your hairwashing and deodorant experiences. I keep thinking I should try that stuff... I've also considered very seriously washing my face with honey, which I've heard is awesome (and naturally antibacterial). And I'm so not a hippy chick, just sick of spending gobs of money on stuff that cleans but dries me out, or leaves funky chemicals on me, etc. Share more about what you've been doing!

Popular posts from this blog

Robinia

Hooray a Giveaway!

Loot and Inspiration