Self Care: Sexy, Silky Legs!

How does your face feel?  Anyone try it?  I swear, it sounds weird but it is so good!  You're going to love this week.

A few weeks ago we had our first really warm day. It was a surprise to me and I went and changed out of my pants and into a skirt.  When I looked at my legs I was a little horrified.  They were covered in red spots and the skin was so dry as to look fragile.  Ug!  How could they look this old??? (are you sensing a pattern here?  Clearly, I am delusional. ;)

Here it is time for some confessions-
1. I don't often shave my legs in the winter and when I do it is almost always with my husband's electric razor (hi sweetie!)
2. I am beyond paper white.  Right off into pale marble.
3. I have several broken blood vessels on my legs from pregnancy and, eons ago, playing catcher in softball.
4.I have always liked my legs the least of any feature.

Because we have a shower stall and not a bathtub I almost never see my legs in the winter in any kind of light so it was a real shock to see how bad they were looking.  Sure I rub lotion on them once in a while but usually I am half asleep and in a hurry.  I immediately googled "diy leg treatment."  It came back with lots of good stuff.  Off to the grocery for me!

I chose this recipe.  I found it funny and wonderful that she didn't know about exfoliating legs either.  I mixed it up:
1 1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup olive oil
3 tablespoons lemon juice

Then into the shower I went.  She suggests first scrubbing, then shaving, scrub again and then shave again.  I may work my way up to that but I'll say the second scrub felt like enough to me.  My legs were too sensitive to go for a second shave.


My legs felt like silk- for a few days even!  I've been using it a couple times a week (I don't shave every time) for about three weeks and the difference is incredible.  My feet are also feeling the benefits (and showing them too!)  Most of the red spots are completely gone, the others have faded.  I feel ready for the Spring and skirt weather.  I really feel much better about myself doing this tiny thing.  I have never liked to show off my legs, I think my knees are weird and I just haven't ever felt confident about them.  Suddenly I can't wait to wear a shorter skirt or shorts even!

Maybe it is the lemony smell, but this gives me such a boost I can't help but want to do it again and again.  We have a pool here at our apartment and I'm going to love it even more now.  And my husband and I are going to spend the night away the weekend for our 10th anniversary soon- I am sure to be pulling out my shortest skirt for dinner that night! (Of course, that just means it will be two inches above my knee. Meee-ow! ;)

What are you doing that makes you feel like a million bucks?

Ps- I only have this cell phone picture in the middle of the night picture of my legs, though I really wish I'd taken before and afters!  If you want something more this is funny and this is what I feel like.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Robinia

Hooray a Giveaway!