Monday, July 22, 2013
Here it is. All done. I finished it at the sewing weekend we had at my wonderful mother's house. I had to take a piece of rayon from her stash for the back. It belonged to my Grammie. None of the pictures I took of it came out, all are blurry. But it was the perfect match and just the right size to do a fold over binding instead of attaching a separate binding piece. This is surely cheating but I love the style. So much faster than making binding and nicer than buying something that sort of matches. I used this basic idea. But then I felt it was too skinny and so I added strips on the sides. I was afraid they'd be weird but I think it turned out just right.
I got stalled on this for a long time because the strips weren't lining up. I finally just went for it and decided to embrace it. I don't do perfect. I do pretty, I do nice work, I do functional. I'm happy with that.
I have been wanting to cross stitch for a few months. I was excited when I finally figured out where to use those little x's bouncing around in my head.
Pretty, happy, snugly. Yay!