Turning.

As it turns out, I have a lot of thoughts this year about my birthday.  I feel like I am thinking about the year older more than ever as I approach this one.  I've begun to start combating the aging process of my skin recently because it is starting to show signs that I am not so young.  As a person who fought acne for so many years, this is new.  Working so hard to look like a grown up and now that I do (hello forehead- I'm talking to you!) not feeling all that great about it.
With all the change and work of the last few months I am finally able to look past the move and onto the next big thing.  In just a couple months we'll have a new addition.  A tiny baby to fall in love with and throw off any rhythm we may have found.  A big brother created from an only child.  I have no idea what all this looks like and I am trying not to be too eager to find out.  I imagine "hard" and "amazing" will top the list of adjectives.
Emerson's adjustment to the neighborhood has been eased by some amazing new friends just across the street.  They took him fishing for the first time in the back yard pond.   They showed him all the secret forts in the neighborhood.  They introduced him to the kittens who live on the block and have become some of his best friends as well.  The "kitties" wait for E to come out of the house and play.  They don't mind being carried uncomfortably by little hands.  They play and cuddle for hours and terrify Desi.  E asks, "Are the kitties here?" whenever we come back from an errand.  He reminds me so strongly of all the pictures I have seen of myself carrying around little kitties and goats at his age.  I am reminded again just how long ago and far off that time is.

 e with kitty in fort

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Robinia

Hooray a Giveaway!