Thinking about silly things.



I'm having a bit of creative dissonance right now.  I love to make things, but I have enough.  I love to make clothes, but I am not that great at it, nor do I have the time to get my skills caught up to my ideas.
I've played with a minimalist wardrobe and I've always envied monks and nuns of all religions in the perfection if their uniform.  Lots of articles have been floating around recently about creating a uniform for yourself.  I'm so attracted to this idea.  And yet...
I don't want to get rid of the things I have right now that I like but wouldn't fit into the uniform idea, both rtw items and handmade.  And I don't have the budget to go out and just get a new set up (even if my idea of a new set up is 5 t shirts and a couple button ups.)  Because I've always tried the uniform kind of thing with the items I already own I just go back to the confusion of most of the items I have.
I have simplified my closet and removed the things that don't work or I don't really love.  So, I don't really have that many items left.  And I spend a lot of time thinking about each handmade item before making them.  So there is that.  On the other hand I almost always use stash fabric to create any new items so they aren't necessarily fitting into my ideas of simplicity.
All of these things are so self centered.  So unhelpful to the rest of the world, that I hesitate to even write it.  I've been thinking about it for a year though, and that is a total waste of effort also.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Robinia

Hooray a Giveaway!

Loot and Inspiration