Cinema Dress






I had no idea I was choosing a fabric that so perfectly matches my hair.  I am fairly certain that isn't what most fashion editors would suggest.   However, it is very pretty and very, very soft and cozy.  This is the Cinema Dress by Liesl and Co.  I am pretty sure I bought the pattern the day it came out.  I had just finished the girl's version for Anjali.  I've yet to get a good picture of her in it as she is always so busy.

The fitting on the bodice of this dress is perfect me.  The side view is a little wider than I would go for off the rack but I think the front and back views make up for it.  The only thing I changed was sizing down two whole sizes.  I don't need 4 inches of ease in the bust for a dress with princess seams.  Oh, and I omitted the notch at the neckline in this version.  Just because Anjali is very grabby and I don't want to make it any easier for her to get her hand in my shirt.... :)

I also bought a red corduroy to make it with.  We'll see if that happens.  I have spring sewing on the mind.  A couple Hemock tees are up next.

Comments

Theotherjew said…
Very nice, I look forward to seeing it in person one day. Bring it with you and maybe we can go to the cinema. Or fall asleep in front of a movie in the living room.

Popular posts from this blog

Robinia

Hooray a Giveaway!

Loot and Inspiration