Sewing thoughts



Lately I've been thinking a lot about not sewing. Not sewing anymore clothes for myself anyway.  I struggle between wanting to have everything handmade and the reality that it takes a lot of time and money and skill that I just don't currently have.  I have a lot of things that I finish but aren't really how I'd have liked them.  The fit is often off.  And you really can't tell until you are done.  Muslins help, but it goes back to to time again.

I've been knitting like crazy and really enjoy that process now.  I wonder if I just need to take a break from sewing until the kids are older and I can take a garment making class.  My ideas are outstripping my ability.

I do have the cinema dress pattern and fabric for it which I'd like to try since Anjali's came out so well.  I haven't given up totally yet...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Robinia

Hooray a Giveaway!

Loot and Inspiration