Hope

There are amazing things that happen everyday in our world. There are also terrible things that happen and we just ignore them and let it all slide by. I am the first to admit that I have rose tinted glasses. I avoid the news and almost always turn away from the horrors of the world. I think I do it because the news gives no hope. There is almost never a chance to help or change these things, just to hear more and more and more. So I shut it out.
There are two things that I want to say about this today. First, go VOTE tomorrow. I don't care who you support. Go VOTE.
Second, and oh so close to my heart, is this project that Amanda Soule has taken on. This is the way I need to hear about the horrors of the world. Here is this thing going on, and here is what you can do to help. If you are crafty or mama oriented you probably already know about Soule Mama. She inspires me everyday to think and create and also to experience the world around me. I know she is an inspiration to so many others as well. She is part of the blogging world that got me crafting in the first place. She is part of the reason I felt so sure I could have a child and raise it right. Examples like these are so powerful in a world full of ugliness.
I've gotten off topic though. What I wanted to show you was the Haitian project that she is helping with. In case you can help too. It is an easy project that will mean so much to people who are so poor. In a place with so few resources. Haiti is where I was born and now I am going to birth a child myself. I am lucky enough that I don't have to worry about being unattended or having malaria or giving birth on the floor while some one looks for a key to a hospital room (all true from my birth.) The least I can do is make a few hats out of things I already have.
I challenge you use some skill you have to help someone in need as well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Robinia

Hooray a Giveaway!

Loot and Inspiration